The Garden's mission is to inspire people to connect with the plant world and understand the importance of plants in our lives.
Volunteers play a critical role in helping us grow. Whether you can dedicate a few hours a week, or even just help with special events, the Garden invites you to join its volunteer community. No experience is necessary — just a love for the Garden.
BENEFITS: In return for their time, volunteers gain experience in areas including horticulture, education, development, and visitor experience.
- complimentary admission on the day of service
- 20% discount at the Garden Gift Shop on the day of service
- an annual volunteer recognition picnic
- complimentary admission to select Botanical Garden classes
The minimum age to volunteer is 12. Volunteers younger than 15 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Member Group Guide:
General Events (Events not in any member group)
Public and Special Events Volunteers
- If interested e-mail Celeste Spivey at email@example.com.
Guest Experience Event Greeters – Requires short training
- If interested e-mail Kara Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Propagation Volunteers – Very limited capacity, must have prior horticulture knowledge.
- If you qualify and are interested. E-mail Andrew Labay at email@example.com.
Currently Inactive Groups (Inactivity could be based on capacity, seasonality, or other limitations)
Youth Education – Require Background Check and Training
Membership Sales Ambassadors